1) create messaging for products, services and solutions to target interested audiences
2) begin building relationships with prospects and clients
With the vast array of marketing that arrives in the inboxes and mailboxes of our target audiences, it's crucial to the success of our campaigns to break through the noise. How do we do that?
Build your connection based on data.
1. Use critical data points when prospecting. These include age, income, zip codes, IPA and net worth. This is the core set of information you need to ensure you market to those who will be best served by you.
2. Obtain data on an audience 15-25 miles within your office. Those within this range are more likely to attend your seminars and visit your office.
3. Identify 7,000-15,000 households that meet your criteria for a target audience.
4. Use your selected data points to craft your message. Your messaging should speak directly and effectively to the audience profiled by the data.
5. Stay top of mind. This requires you to send messages frequently and over a long period of time. Develop a strategy that includes messages delivered in a variety of ways for the next 8-10 months.
Remember: Competition can be fierce. You may have 300-500 advisors within the 15-25 miles who market to audiences similar to yours.
1. Dig deep within your data on existing clients. In building relationships with your clients, you learn more about them. Use that data when crafting your messaging. This includes data points such as hobbies, habits and affiliations.
2. Create personal and individualized messages that do more than sell your products and solutions. Acknowledge your clients' birthdays or ask them about their children's softball teams.
3. Use social media to complement data you've obtained from lists, but use data gathered there responsibly. Craft messages based on social media information in a respectful tone and with content that provides value to your clients.
Remember: Clients often rely on emotions when making decision. Establish a solid emotional connection with them as you build your relationship.
Tweet me and let's chat about using data to connect with your target audience:
By: Jorge Villar, President and Founder